1 in 3 people over the age of 65 fall each year. And falling once doubles your chances of falling again
Most people will know someone who has had a fall, or indeed has had a fall themselves. However, what a lot of people don’t know is what your physio can do for you when recovering from a fall. Often after a fall people chose to rest and recover quietly.
In actual fact it is much better to get moving again as soon as possible and to continue with your usual everyday life.
So, what can your physio do for someone when recovering from a fall…
- Treat any injuries sustained from a fall
- Teach you how to get up from the floor
- Give advice on safe footwear and your home environment
- Prescribe exercises designed to improve strength, flexibility, balance and confidence
- Falls can often lead to decreased confidence and increased anxiety. Your physio can help you start to get moving and regain your confidence pottering around at home and when out in the community
- Address other factors that might be making you unsteady or affecting your walking like a sore knee or vertigo
- Help you return as quickly as possible to your active lives with a smile on your face and a spring in your step!