Hip and Knee Hydrotherapy
We have a unique hydrotherapy group class that is run in a circuit style format with hands on therapy techniques to target your hip or knee problems.
Who may benefit?
Those who suffer from:
- Hip or knee osteoarthritis
- Before or after hip or knee arthroplasty
- Before or after hip or knee arthroscopy
- General hip or knee pain or stiffness
- Water based exercise has been found to reduce pain in the presence of osteoarthritis to a greater degree than land based exercise
- Hydrotherapy improves function in the presence of hip or knee osteoarthritis
- Hydrotherapy improves joint range of motion and relieves stiffness
- Water based exercise reduce pressure on the joints
What is involved?
- Group exercise component including warm up, cardiovascular exercise and strengthening
- Circuit component with specifically targeted exercises
- One to one therapist component using skilled hands on techniques
Cara is running this class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12 noon