At Platinum Physio we are passionate about providing a combination of hands on therapy & strength and conditioning to assist runners in achieving their goals and staying injury free.
Have you had?
– Bone soreness E.g. shin splints.
– Soft tissue injury. E.g. muscle strain
– Tendon injury
How can Platinum help?
– Running Ax.
– Movement screening.
– Targeted strength training.
– Return to running advice and guidance.
– Management of acute symptoms through hands on treatment.
Benefits of strength for running?
- Improves intramuscular coordination. The ability of the nervous system to recruit the correct type of muscle fibre for the job.
- Improves intermuscular coordination. The nervous system gets much better at switching on muscles that are needed for movement and stabilization at the appropriate time.
- Improves force generating abilities. Enhances the ability of someone to generate force against the ground. Result in longer strides and therefore faster running speeds.
- Improve running technique. Reduces the cost of running by reducing unnecessary muscular contractions.
- Using your tendons more appropriately (plyometric training will provide greatest improvement). Energy is stored and returned rapidly through a process called stretch shortening cycle. Tendons don’t produce waste products unlike the muscular system.
- Reduce injury risk. Poor movement control australian pokies online, muscular imbalances, restricted ROM and lack of strength can all lead to injuries.
Purpose of movement screening
– Identify how well you can execute a set of fundamental movement patterns.
– Determine ability to execute movements that are integral for running.
– Determine risk profile (risk of getting injured).
What’s involved in strength training for runners?
– Unilateral strength training.
– Core strength.
Contact Platinum Physio today so we can work with you to get you up & running with confidence