Did you know?
Did you know?
- The human body will begin to naturally lose muscle mass and strength from age 40
- This can affect gait, balance and ability to perform tasks of daily living
- Known as Sarcopenia, it affects all people, especially those who live a sedentary lifestyle
- Sarcopenia can be slowed and even reversed, by combining targeted exercise and diet
Physiotherapists are highly trained health professionals who are experienced in prescribing exercise as you age, as well as taking into consideration your goals and hobbies.
Whether it be from gardening at home to playing with your grandchildren, the team at Platinum Physio can achieve these goals and keep you active and living the life you love! Whether you used to be regularly active in your youth or if you are thinking of starting your fitness journey now, it’s never too late to see the benefits of physical activity!
So what should I be doing to keep fit and healthy?
The international guidelines recommend that those >55 should be doing regular exercise that includes:
- 30 mins of moderate intensity exercise at least 5 days a week (exercise where you are huffing/puffing but can still talk!)
- Strength-based exercises at least 2 x week
- Balance challenges regularly in a safe environment
How can Platinum Physio help me to keep healthy and fit?
Here at Platinum Physio, we understand that it can be difficult to know where to start your fitness journey. Luckily we have multiple options to get you started on your fitness journey for life today! Whether you enjoy spending time in the pool or love the gym environment, we have the right option for you! These include:
- 1:1 Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy: Start your journey in the gym or the pool, with a 1:1 session with one of experienced Physios! They can create and guide you through your individualised exercise program, whilst monitoring your progress and providing hands on feedback and education tailored specifically to you!
- Hydrotherapy exercise groups: a great way to get started with some gentle exercise, our hydro groups are designed to cater for all fitness levels! Incorporating strength, cardio and flexibility, these groups are the perfect way to get back into exercise!
- Gym Strength and Conditioning groups: Our Physio supervised groups offer the perfect opportunity to familiarise yourself with the gym within a safe environment! These groups provide the opportunity to exercise alongside others in a fun and motivating environment, whilst being monitored by our Physios who will make sure your experience is tailored to your needs and goals
- Pilates Groups: Platinum Pilates is suitable for any age and fitness level and no prior experience with Pilates or the gym is required, so why not start today! Our highly experienced Physios are armed with an extensive repertoire of exercises to help you achieve you health and fitness goals!
- Balance and Mobility Groups: These groups are designed specifically to keep you moving and reduce your risk of falling. These classes allow you to exercise in a safe environment, supervised by our highly experienced Physios. During these classes, you will focus on balance, strength, flexibility and endurance to keep you fit and active!