Have you been considering trying Hydrotherapy as a gentler form of exercise to keep active? Or perhaps you have just had an injury and are wanting to start your rehabilitation?
Why not try Hydrotherapy!
Platinum Physio uniquely offers the perfect combination of aquatic and land based rehabilitation and exercise. With the invaluable experience that our founder and leading Hydrotherapy Specialised Physiotherapist, Lilly Kochen, provides to the team, Platinum Physio offers a multitude of specialised Hydrotherapy services catered to all levels and needs.
Our pool locations are equipped with an electric hoist, safety bars around the pool perimeter and accessible change rooms. Additionally, you don’t have to know how to swim to try Hydrotherapy, our experienced Physios will orientate you to the pool environment and with the water below waist height, this offers the perfect environment to safely enjoy what the pool has to offer!
There are so many benefits of Hydrotherapy, including:
- A warm water environment (34° pool!) to ensure your muscles are relaxed, allowing you to move more freely, whilst reducing pain and joint stiffness!
- The supported and near weightless environment that the pool offers, enables many of our patients to be much more mobile and do many of the things they may not be able to do on the land and ultimately gives you a sense of freedom!
- The water offers the opportunity to challenge your strength, balance, endurance and flexibility, whether this be to improve your fitness or to start your rehabilitation journey!
- Aquatic Physiotherapy treatment has been proven to be effective for many conditions including: Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Obesity, Diabetes and Chronic Pain. If you suffer from any of these chronic conditions, the water is the perfect environment to start your road to recovery today!
What options does Platinum Physio have for Hydrotherapy?
Platinum Physio is proud to offer our onsite state of the art Hydrotherapy pool at our Brighton location as well as our offsite Caulfield Hospital Hydrotherapy Pool location. We have many Hydrotherapy options available including:
- 1:1 Hydrotherapy Treatments: Our Physios provide specialised 1:1 hands on manual treatment in the pool environment ,as well as prescribing a tailored exercise program designed for your needs. Working closely with one of our Physios offers the perfect opportunity to become familiar with the pool environment, monitor your symptoms and progress your exercise program as you are able!
- Hydro for Backs Group: This group is designed specifically for our patients with acute or ongoing back pain. Delivered by one of Physios, this groups focuses on core strengthening, flexibility and mobility for your back to improve your confidence and relieve back pain, supported by the buoyant, warm water environment that the pool offers!
- Hip/Knee Hydro Group: If you have an injury/ ongoing issue with your hip or knee, this is the group for you! Delivered in a 1:4 setting, your Physio will work closely with you developing a targeted exercise program and progressing you as you are able!
- General Hydrotherapy Group: Our general fitness Hydrotherapy groups focus on building strength, endurance, flexibility and balance and are designed to cater for all fitness levels! Run by our dedicated Physio assistants and supervised by our Physios, this group provides the perfect opportunity to keep active, whilst enjoying the social environment that the class offers!
Click here to take a look at these group timetables that we offer at Platinum Physio!